Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:53:24 -0600

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 22:33 +0000, Francis Giannaros wrote:
Hi!

One of the first things that the openSUSE board have been working on
is getting some clear acknowledgment through for all good openSUSE
contributors. The result of this can be seen through what we think of
as "openSUSE Members"[0].

We are glad to announce that the process for becoming a member has
just been approved by the board, and that we are now happy to take any
applications. Please have a look at the wiki page for instructions on
doing so.

We hope that this will further distinguish active and helpful
contributors to openSUSE, and in doing so bring the openSUSE community
closer together.

Have a lot of fun!

[0] http://opensuse.org/Members

Thank you for the invitation to apply. I just took a quick look at the
wiki page and it looks interesting. One thing I'd like to ask/suggest:
There appears to be no definition of what is considered a "verifiable
contribution."

"Mail the openSUSE board at board@xxxxxxxxxxxx mentioning your
[verifiable] contributions."

Can you expand to define what is considered a "verifiable contribution?"
In many ways, I believe that we all contribute simply by downloading
openSUSE and communicating with others our experiences (and issues.)
Obviously when you mention "substantial", there is an implied bar that
is set between standard community participation and higher level
contribution.

Bryen