Re: [opensuse-project] SDB/Howto/FAQ
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:07:37 -0500
On Wednesday 24 October 2007 09:46:20 am Martin Lasarsch wrote:
On Tuesday 23 October 2007 21:23:49 Rajko M. wrote:

[...]

I guess not. There is MHO (from IMHO):

I would avoid construct 'SDB/Howto/FAQ'
SDB main page
SDB/Howto subpage Howto of SDB
SDB/Howto/FAQ subpage of SDB/Howto

Now friendly editor can jump in and help by writing article about Howto
and wiki will create back link < SDB|Howto hiding your original SDB. [1]

Is SDB-Howto-FAQ better?

Yes.

=FAQ=
'initialism' maybe to use 'acronym' or 'stands for'

It's a quote, change it upstream on wikipedia :-)

:-D
You can use any quote
there is also 'acronym' on wikipedia.

It is obvious from my posts that I'm not native English speaker. I would not
notice if there was no need to reread the sentence and get meaning.

'FAQ' name space does exist
[I searched for 'grumpy' and looked at the bottom of the page for all
namespaces.]

Yes, but i thought that we should not use it?

I never got any announcement in that direction.
Namespace FAQ exists in Mediawiki just for that purpose.
This is currently on our wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/FAQ:FAQ
http://en.opensuse.org/FAQ:HOWTO
http://en.opensuse.org/FAQ:Novell-MS
and there will be more if we would advertise it.

If one is searching for "faq" and is using 'Go' it gives 1 answer, the
official 'Frequently Asked Questions', where is no word about any other. So
user has to know in advance to use 'Search' instead to get other results.

Just found out, that redirect 'faq' -> 'Frequently Asked Questions' was set by
another openSUSE wiki user. I can take care of this tomorrow, if you want.

The page http://en.opensuse.org/faq will display links to official and few
other existing Frequently Asked Questions. It will be some kind of
disambiguation page.

=Misc=
<add>
Keep in mind
- at openSUSE we are friendly people
- if article was moved or changed it is done with good intention
- if you disagree tell other editor your point of view on Discussion page

good points, i added them.

--
Regards,
Rajko.