Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-announce] news.opensuse.org goes live
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:24:22 +0200
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I fail to see why this is necessary. news are usually of no interest
soon after they become known :-)

We wanted to make it easier to share news and open this up.

mostly, reading the subject I thought it was the opening of a
news-groups server and this should be really good (having a news group
in sinc with the lists - or will gmane work now?)

Is gmane not working? That's strange...

to be back on the news subject, do you think the portal should become
a "recent pages" replacement?

no, not a recent pages - but a replacement for the "News" box on the
start page,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, aj@xxxxxxx