Re: [opensuse-project] Adding installation sources made easy
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu_marin-caea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:23:46 +0200
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 11:09, Jan Karjalainen wrote:

> If I want to refresh the sources, I can do that manually. Now it only
> makes everything SLOOOW, and makes me rather add a source in Smart
> instead and use that...

You can set the source refresh to "off" in YaST installation sources. That is
only useful for sources you know that don't get new versions of software in
them, like the DVD or the main distro installation repository. But those
are "refresh off" by default. For example, packman is "refresh on" because
it can have an newer mplayer and zen-updater will offer to update it.