[opensuse-project] openSUSE @ FOSDEM 2007 call for papers/speakers/participants
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:13:24 +0100
Hi everyone,

After a very successful FOSDEM participation in 2006, we are happy to
announce that the openSUSE project will be taking part at FOSDEM 2007!
Besides representing openSUSE with a booth, we managed to get one of the
greatly demanded "devrooms", to conduct sessions centered around the
openSUSE project.

So, first of all, what the heck is "FOSDEM"? Quoting fosdem.org:

>> The seventh Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting
is a 2 days event, organized by volunteers, to promote the widespread
use of Free and Open Source software. Taking place in the beautiful city
of Brussels (Belgium), FOSDEM meetings are recognized as "The best Free
and Open Source events in Europe.

The event will take place *February 24th and 25th 2007* in Brussels
(Belgium).

FOSDEM 2006 attracted over 4000 visitors from all around the world.
Entrance and attendance to the event is totally free of charge! <<

In 2006 we launched the openSUSE build service at FOSDEM and attended with
more than 20 SUSE/Novell people. In fact, we had both a booth and a
"devroom", which was used to conduct several presentations and community
meetings. The overall response to our 2006 activities was very positive!
[Proceedings are available from http://en.opensuse.org/FOSDEM2006]

For 2007, we dare to challenge all of us, the community, to play a much more
active role in making FOSDEM 2007 a great success. Therefore we would like
to open a "call for papers" and encourage everyone to send proposals to the
opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list. Proposals should be submitted by

*January 15th 2007*.

We will do our very best to support all community activities around FOSDEM.
Please share your ideas, visions, and comments regarding a successful FOSDEM
participation with us. FOSDEM will be the forum for open discussions about
the future of openSUSE.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you at FOSDEM 2007!

A happy holiday season and a great new year to all of you!
Your openSUSE team