Re: [opensuse-project] Education site, Help wanted!
  • From: "Peter Flodin" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:16:25 +1100
On 12/17/06, James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
We could use some help with the
Help with all aspects would be appreciated.

It is probably at this stage important to get the name right and also
discuss (define) the scope.

If I have understood correctly we are talking about Installation
software patterns and an extra repository (or add-on cd) to provide
software for the educator. Is it envisaged that this will include the
desktop similar to the ideas of Edubuntu? Or are we just talking
School Administration?

I personally think that the two should be linked, even if the initial
push looks to be for the admin side. It should probably be part of a
total comprehensive Education solution ie you would have admin or
server component and desktop component of something like:

openSUSE Education
openSUSE Scholar
openSUSE Academia
openSUSE Learn