Re: [opensuse-project] Education site, Help wanted!
  • From: "Peter Flodin" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:16:25 +1100
On 12/17/06, James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
We could use some help with the http://en.opensuse.org/Education
project.
Help with all aspects would be appreciated.

It is probably at this stage important to get the name right and also
discuss (define) the scope.

If I have understood correctly we are talking about Installation
software patterns and an extra repository (or add-on cd) to provide
software for the educator. Is it envisaged that this will include the
desktop similar to the ideas of Edubuntu? Or are we just talking
School Administration?

I personally think that the two should be linked, even if the initial
push looks to be for the admin side. It should probably be part of a
total comprehensive Education solution ie you would have admin or
server component and desktop component of something like:

openSUSE Education
openSUSE Scholar
openSUSE Academia
openSUSE Learn