Re: [opensuse-project] Unnanswered questions regarcing Novell-Microsoft agreements
  • From: "D Gavrilovic" <d.gavrilovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:26:39 -0500
On 12/6/06, Ray David Whitmer <ray@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jan Karjalainen wrote:
> http://fmbv.blogspot.com/2006/12/do-you-want-some-cheese-with-whine.html

I have had such respect for Suse in the past, I have to believe there is
some part of the past Suse legacy that is deeply ashamed of this sort of
behavior by the current caretakers of it. They must have seen it
coming, since it is far from the first time Novell has pulled this sort
of thing with acquired companies.

The attitude displayed here tells the whole story.

Ray Whitmer
ray@xxxxxxxx

As many have already stated. This has been asked/posted/debated and
the inner circle of the SUSE team have responded.

There are a lot of OS/Desktop choices based on GNU/Linux. That is the
great thing about Open Source. If you do not agree with the direction
that one distro is going in -- then the easiest thing to do is switch
to another one with which you do agree with. Gnome/KDE and the apps
work the same more or less on all of them.

--
"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of
the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie