Re: [opensuse-project] Unnanswered questions regarcing Novell-Microsoft agreements
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:44:58 +0100
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 11:24:42AM -0700, Ray David Whitmer wrote:
> Marcus Meissner wrote:

> >> What happen? That's big news. I have not been able to follow slashdot, so I
> >> mostly follow what's posted here. Please post the developments.
> >>

> > The original poster is just a troll, all points have been brought up multiple times and
> > refuted here and by official statements from us.
> >
> I am sorry you feel you have to call something a troll rather than
> answering questions that were avoided in the meeting and have not been
> competently addressed, that I have seen.

My colleages and myself have answered questions like those several times.

> Please provide specific references where each of these issues has been
> addressed -- the best answer you are aware of, not SCO-style just
> claiming it must be in there somewhere.
>
> Your own opinions are regularly called trolls in other forums where
> people value software freedom and do not appreciate attacks on it that
> Novell seems to be assisting.
>
> You seem to repudiate the claim at the end of the meeting that remaining
> questions could be addressed here.

1. You allege there is a per seat tax. There is no such thing.

Here you should show us proof, not the other way round.

2. http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/community_open_letter.html

It is very clear on this topic.

3. http://en.opensuse.org/Meetings/Special_Meeting_2006-11-27/transcript

18:33 +<Nat_> 5. This deal does not violate GPLv2.
18:33 +<Nat_> Eben Moglen read our agreement and hasn't said a thing about GPLv2 violation. It's abundantly clear that he doesn't think there is any.
18:33 +<Nat_> Instead, he and Richard are using the community energy to try to get people to adopt the previously-controversial GPLv3 (which we support also)

Ciao, Marcus