[opensuse-project] Microsoft’s Patent Pledge for Individual Contributors to openSUSE.org
  • From: "Paul C. Leopardi" <paul.leopardi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:44:27 +1100
Hi all,
Apologies for the cross-post, but after I posted my reply on opensuse-amd64 I
realized that it would be more appropriate to post to this list. Essentially,
I am concerned that "Microsoft’s Patent Pledge for Individual Contributors to
openSUSE.org" is incompatible with the GPL and that it may therefore slow
down or halt contributions to openSUSE.org. I am especially concerned about
Microsoft's suggested "provision" and want to know whether openSUSE.org will
use Microsoft's language when accepting contributions.

See http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-amd64/2006-11/msg00016.html
Best regards