Re: [opensuse-project] Closing the Candor Gap at Novell
  • From: <susedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:42:27 -0800
lol, well it's not unusual at all for a company to give that huge of an ammount.
Not only was Novell suing Microsoft but they were also assisting Europe in their
lawsuit against Microsoft so that was a double attack on Microsoft. I don't know
that all of the money went to that but I am guessing that some of it did.

On Thu Nov 16 20:19 , Saill White sent:

>On 11/16/2006 05:46 PM, susedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Microsoft has had a history with Novell. Novell has entered suits and helped with
>> Lawsuits against microsoft. Part of that payment might have been a sort of
>> settlement or apology.
>
>Wow, 350 million is a nice apology.
>
>Wait, Microsoft owes ME an apology, for subjecting me to VB6 and Access. And for
that week when I spent all my spare time trying to recover a friend's corrupted
Outlook data.