Re: [opensuse-programming] signal handling in bad threaded libraries
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:22:57 +0200
On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 10:11 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

A thread will inherit the signal mask from the parent at the time of
creation. A later change in the parent should not affect the child.

I have explored further and see that the mask was changed in some way in
the main process before the threads were created, messing up what I
thought was the mask. I have a couple of suspect libraries that may be
sloppy with signal masks. So I need to see who fiddled where they should
not have fiddled. But I see that I can make the threads in the
proprietary library not receive signals they have no interest in
receiving. Progress. Slow. But progress nonetheless.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20