Re: [opensuse-programming] What's the best way to cure uninitialized variables?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 16:11:17 +0200
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:01:42 +0200, you wrote:

The warnings come from osc, I don't get these warnings when I build the
same package using kdevelop3.

The warnings definitely come from the compiler when passed the right
Options, which is mainly -Wall! But as they are only warnings the
compiler will succeed in compiling. OSC scans the comipler output and
turns some warnings into fatal errors because the past has shown us
that these lead to broken programs.

If you carefully log the compiler output[1] and scan it afterwards
you'll see all those warnings the compiler produced.

Philipp

1) My favourite for logging when not using 'osc build' is is defining
a simple shell function mk() { make "$@" 2>&1 | tee mlog; }. Now
you simply call mk (possibly whith additional options for make) and
afterwards have a complete log.