Re: [opensuse-programming] Intel IDB on OpenSUSE 10.2
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:48:22 -0500
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:32:55 -0500
Andrew Lofthouse <loftyhauser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Intel's Fortran compiler and debugger on OpenSUSE 10.2 (well,
> at least I'm trying to...)
>
> The compiler works fine, but the debugger does not. When running idb, I
> get the following error:
>
> Reading symbolic information from /home/foo/name...done
> Could not load symbols for /home/foo/name ... Recovering ...
>
> I've checked the Intel support forums, and I've happened across the
> following request:
>
> http://softwareforums.intel.com/ISN/Community/en-US/forums/thread/30227701.aspx

You should be able to download the IDB manual from Intel.
That said, /home/foo/name should have been compiled and linked with
debug (-g). You also need to make sure that you source idbvars.sh (or
idbvars.csh) before you try to debug. The syntax for idb is different
than gdb (it is much more dbx-like). You may also need to specifically
point to your source modules. (I don't have any of the IDB stuff at
hand, and I would need to log into an Itanium system reasonably distant
to look at my debugging environment. Additionally, there is a
compilation flag, -debug-extended, that you may also want to use.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group