Re: [suse-programming-e] threads and file descriptors
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:45:06 +0200
Jerry Feldman wrote:

> Now solve my problem :-)
> I have a C++ program that opens a library using dlopen(3):
> [xxx@yyyyy ~/loaderror]$ ./sbtestmain
> DLOPEN: ./libsbtest.so: symbol
> _ZNSdC1EPSt15basic_streambufIcSt11char_traitsIcEE, version GLIBCXX_3.4
> not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

I used to do some C++, but in my most recent job as a software engineer,
I was hired to help migrate a product away from C++ - to assembler.
This was on S390.

> The bottom line is that system calls, like open(2) are generally well
> tested.

Completely agree - I guess just going by "when all other options have
been exhausted and only one possibility remains, it must be the answer
however improbable" (to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes).

> Also note that Rational's Purify Plus would have found your
> problem because that is one of the things it tracks.

Interesting. Also across threads?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >
List Navigation