diagnosing a stack corruption
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:13:20 +0200
All,

I've got a suspected stack corruption, and as it involves an external
library, I'm trying to determine who's to blame - my code or the
library code. Without exception, the resulting segfault always happens
in the external library (libclamav). Equally without exception, if I
omit the single call to the library (cl_scanfile()), I see no problems.

I'm not particularly familiar with the libclamav code, nor so I have a
desire to become so, so I was hoping to come up with something that
says the problem is in libclamav - without diagnosing the problem all
the way.

It's little difficult to reproduce - I have had stresstests run for 24+
hours before it happened, but it has also happened within 30mins of
starting a test.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich