Re: [suse-programming-e] MIT Scheme on SuSE 10
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:19:47 +0100
On Tuesday 13 December 2005 22:09, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> What do I need in order to work with MIT Scheme on SuSE 10? I can't figure
> out how to get a chicken nor an egg from the savana site. Theire so-called
> binary distribution does not reflect the documentation that comes with it.
> In particular there is no bin directory which is where they claim I will
> find the executables. If I understand correctly, I need that in order to
> build any CVS executable of Scheme.

guile is a scheme implementation similar to MIT/GNU scheme, which is included
in 10.0 (there is no such thing as SuSE 10, there is SUSE LINUX 10.0 and
there will be SLES 10, but SuSE 10 is a double fault)

But if you want MIT scheme, the links on
http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/ work, and the tgz they have for
download there contain binaries.