Re: [suse-programming-e] Code produces different results
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:00:33 -0400
On Tuesday 03 May 2005 6:12 pm, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> Purify is commercial, no ? (no problem with that, just checking :-) )
Yes, and expensive. You can download a trial version.
One of our members was trying to trouble shoot a memory leak in some
middleware that runs in a commercial telephone switch. The Open Source
tools were not able to locate the problem. At my suggestion he downloaded
Purify and was able to locate the problem in 5 minutes. In this case, the
problem was not in his company's code, but in the phone company's code. I
spent nearly 3 years porting PurifyPlus to the Digital Alpha platform (in a
6 person team). Our member was so please he bought the pizzas for the
meeting, and his company bought a PurifyPlus license.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group