Re: [suse-programming-e] How can I debug a PERL program ?
  • From: Morten Gulbrandsen <Morten.Gulbrandsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:49:55 +0100
Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
I'm trying to mofify a small PERL program that was written for me.
Since I have no previous experience of using this language I wonder how I can
debug it. PERL seems to be aninterpreter more than a debugger ...

thanks a lot,
MEM

The first basics:

If something strange has gone wrong with your program and
you're not sure where you should look for help, try the -w
switch first. It will often point out exactly where the
trouble is.

-w for warnings

I am an experienced perl programmer, but I have switched to C++.

I've never used the debugger.

Normally no interpreted language needs a debugger.

Only compiled and linked does.

Hovewer, post your problem.

I wanna see some good perl code. ;-)

best regards