Re: [suse-programming-e] PERL for Windows
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:15:20 +0100
On Sunday 13 March 2005 22:46, John Lamb wrote:
> ac wrote:
> > ActivePerl is free. However, registration is needed.
> > http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl
> >
> > Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
> >> But I feel at a loss about which product/code I can suggest my
> >> supervisors for downloading as there are many choices. In addition,
> >> is the PERL version for Windows available for free as it is for Linux
> >> ??? I guess it isn't ....
>
> Actually, I don't think you have to register. Go to
> http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/?_x=1
>
> Click download, click next on registration details and click to
> download. For W32, the MSI installer is appropriate IIRC.
>
> Of course, this is way OT for linux ;-)

Yes, and no...
I feel cross development includes linux 8-)...

But to answer the question, Activestate perl for windows is free.
ActiveState makes it's money with professional development tools
for open source languages.

Their perl kit allows you to generate an executable out of your perl scripts
which c an be run on windows machines which do not have perl installed.

Very handy for windows deployment...

Jerry