Compiling problem
  • From: Kennie Cruz <kennie.cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:19:36 -0400 (AST)
Dear SuSE Programmers,

I am trying to compile the Bulk Synchronous Parallel lib (BSPlib for
short), which you can download from

http://www.bsp-worldwide.org/implmnts/oxtool/

on SuSE version 9.1, but the compilation aborts with a somewhat strange
error with the MSG_WAITALL declaration on the /usr/include/bits/socket.h
at line 194. Here is the complete error log:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from ../library_now/bsploadfuns.h:31,
from bsploadfuns.c:20:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:194: error: parse error before numeric constant
bsploadfuns.c: In function `lookup_remote_load_recv':
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: `MSG_WAITALL' undeclared (first use in this
function)
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: for each function it appears in.)
bsploadfuns.c: In function `bspnow_isin_topp_globalload':
bsploadfuns.c:698: error: `MSG_WAITALL' undeclared (first use in this
function)

I looked at the /usr/include/bits/socket.h on all my Linux boxes (with Red
Hat, SuSE and Debian) and they look the same.

Help will be appreciated.

--
Kennie J. Cruz Gutierrez, System Administrator
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus

[2004-05-14/18:01]
Black holes are created when God divides by zero!

  • No further messages