Compiling problem
  • From: Kennie Cruz <kennie.cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:19:36 -0400 (AST)
Dear SuSE Programmers,

I am trying to compile the Bulk Synchronous Parallel lib (BSPlib for
short), which you can download from

on SuSE version 9.1, but the compilation aborts with a somewhat strange
error with the MSG_WAITALL declaration on the /usr/include/bits/socket.h
at line 194. Here is the complete error log:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from ../library_now/bsploadfuns.h:31,
from bsploadfuns.c:20:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:194: error: parse error before numeric constant
bsploadfuns.c: In function `lookup_remote_load_recv':
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: `MSG_WAITALL' undeclared (first use in this
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
bsploadfuns.c:124: error: for each function it appears in.)
bsploadfuns.c: In function `bspnow_isin_topp_globalload':
bsploadfuns.c:698: error: `MSG_WAITALL' undeclared (first use in this

I looked at the /usr/include/bits/socket.h on all my Linux boxes (with Red
Hat, SuSE and Debian) and they look the same.

Help will be appreciated.

Kennie J. Cruz Gutierrez, System Administrator
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus
Work Phone: (787) 832-4040 x 3798
Email: Kennie.Cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Black holes are created when God divides by zero!

  • No further messages