Supercomputers and Linux s/w
  • From: Maura Edelweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:29:05 -0500
I'm runnig many simulations with one only different paramater value. The
reason is to generate statistical data.
I have an account on the super-computer center shown in the following
web page:
http://harpo.wustl.edu/hardware.html

There seems to be a Linux system (SGI Altix) but because of the way my
account was set up my entry is on Harpo which runs Irix. I'll be runnin
on batch so I do not know if this is important at all.
I'd like to be able to recompile and run my simulation (developed on
SuSE) with the least possible discomfort from s/w environment
incompatibilities ...
There is no GNU Scientific Library which I need.
My question for you is: What should I ask this center administrator for
? They are amenable to install some s/w upon user request ...
In the case GSL cannot run/be installed then is ther any replacement for
a good Random Number Generator that you'd advice ?
I like SuSE and am very gratefull to all generous people that have been
helping me regularly.
The only drawback is when it comes to porting my project to some other
platform ...

Thank you in advance for your help.
maura

Thank you for clarifying my ideas.