Re: [suse-programming-e] Strange characters from cout
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:03:22 +0000
Richard Bos wrote:
Jerry and others,

thank you for your thoughts and idea's sofar, but I still did not find the cause. I would like to try the following:

- At 8.2 if possible install the suse-9.0 gcc-c++ compiler. This is version 3.3.1 while 8.2 comes with 3.3. That way I can detect if the problem is introduced by the compiler change.
Oh the other way is possible too of course, install gcc-c++-3.3 in suse-9.0.

Does anyone see problem with down/up grading the compiler?

Upgrading SuSE 8.2 compiler to gcc3.3.1 should be easy because the RPMs are already available on

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter
libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.