Re: [suse-programming-e] Strange characters from cout
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:03:22 +0000
Richard Bos wrote:
Jerry and others,

thank you for your thoughts and idea's sofar, but I still did not find the cause. I would like to try the following:

- At 8.2 if possible install the suse-9.0 gcc-c++ compiler. This is version 3.3.1 while 8.2 comes with 3.3. That way I can detect if the problem is introduced by the compiler change.
Oh the other way is possible too of course, install gcc-c++-3.3 in suse-9.0.

Does anyone see problem with down/up grading the compiler?

Upgrading SuSE 8.2 compiler to gcc3.3.1 should be easy because the RPMs are already available on ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/gcc/8.2/

--
JDL

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter
libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.