Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-programming-de (33 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-programming-de] executing a command in xterm and keep interactive
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:42:15 +0100
* Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-01-19 16:36]:
Hi,

I'm trying to automate some processes, where an initial command should run
inside a xterm, and the xterm kept interactive thereafter (xterm -e ...).

Since the culprit seem bash, I've tried most ways of invoking bash
with -i, -s and -c options, but as soon as I give bash the -c option, it
exits after the command itself, no matter if any of -i or -s is also given,
which differs from my reading/understanding of related sections in the
manual.

xterm -e bash -c mc

works here. Can you be a bit more concrete about the command?

Bernhard