Re: [opensuse-ppc] PPC DVD request (12.1 unstable)
On Thu, November 3, 2011 9:17 pm, Alexander Graf wrote:
Richard (MQ) wrote:
On 03/11/11 19:18, Alexander Graf wrote:
On 03.11.2011, at 12:16, "Richard (MQ)"<osl2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27/10/11 21:27, Marcus Meissner wrote:
http://powerpc.opensuse.org/factory/iso/

download the NET ISO.
boot it.
report if it works.

I don't get it recognised as a bootable medium in my old iMac - is
it me and my set-up or the image file?
There's a good chance it's just broken atm. You could try to go to an
OF prompt and manually load yaboot off the CD.

Alex
Thanks for the suggestion, though I'm not familiar with the
OpenFirmware environment - can you point me at a guide?

Sure, I happily fire up google and type in the obivous only to find
useful information. It's hard for others to do, right? :)

http://mac.linux.be/content/booting-open-firmware

I've got openSuSE Factory PPC running on my PowerMac. I already installed
openSuSE PPC 11.1 before, so I already had all partions etc setup. The DVD
can be downloaded here.
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/iso/

After I used the hd install method as mentioned in the Link.

Everything is OK, except video. It's now only using fb device. I've
compiled the nouveau driver. It seems some people at Ubuntu are using it
even tough the PPC version isn't supported.

How are all other people getting along installing opensuse PPC Factory/12.1.

Alex

Regards,

Joop.