Re: [opensuse-ppc] How to recover from missing sata_svw
  • From: "Klaas." <kplists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:47:19 +0100
Op 10-dec-08 schreef Olaf Hering:

On Mon, Dec 08, Klaas. wrote:

I 'll forget about updates for now, but there is a very bad
bug when I shutdown. The system just stops, the screen goes
very strange and I can wait till ????

I think you have a nvidia card.
Please boot with 'video=ofonly' and see if the system still crashes
during shutdown.

Indeed the PowerMac has a NVidia card. It worked OK in previous
openSuse's (10.3,11.0).
The boot option was refused - msg was a "file not found" condition.
That could be a Catch22 because the file system is still corrupt
after the last forceful stop.

I'll wait now for the official 11.1 release and start from scratch.
I don't I contributed much to the testing of RC1.
---
greeting,
Klaas Punt