Re: [suse-ppc] Losing time
  • From: Ron McCall <ronald.mccall@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:14:25 -0500
Dave,

That is some comforting news! I have been worried that there is
something wrong with my new machine or that maybe I screwed something up
during installation.

My main concern with using a non-SuSE RPM (or building it from source)
was that I am still coming up to speed on SuSE specific things like
SuSEconfig (rc.config and rc.config.d). From what I have learned so
far, I really like this scheme. It provides one stop shopping for most
of your configuration needs. I am guessing that the adjtimex package
probably just consists of programs and documentation and thus shouldn't
require anything to be done with SuSEconfig.

I am a bit concerned about the magnitude of the drift and thus the
magnitude of the subsequent corrections affecting things like make in a
really bad way. It doesn't seem terribly likely though and it is good
that the clock is slow rather than fast so that there is no backward
time jumping going on!

I'll take a look at adjtimex today and see if I can drastically reduce
the magnitude of the drift.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!
Ron