Re: [suse-ppc] Server unreachable
  • From: Bartydeux <bartydeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:39:42 +0100
Le Mercredi 23 Janvier 2002 20:28, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 23, Bartydeux wrote:
> > I settled then Postfix on a Apple G3/SuSE7.3PPC. I transferred the config
> > files and gave the G3 the ancient IP address of the crashed server.
> > Everything should be fine, but:
> >
> > 1) if I want to make a Ftp connexion from another host I have the answer
> > "server 192.168.20.93 unreachable".
> > 2) I have the same problem with an iBook with SuSE7.3PPC: impossible to
> > make a Ftp connexion to the iBook.
> > 3) But a Ftp connexion is well possible from an external host (with SuSE
> > 7.3 for PC not PPC) to the iBook and the G3.
> > Thus
> > PC host SuSE 7.3 ====> G3 or iBook with SuSE 7.3PPC: OK
> > G3 or iBook with SuSE 7.3PPC ====> PC with SuSE 7.3 not OK
>
> Please provide the "ifconfig -a; netstat -rn; ipchains -L -n or iptables
> -L -n (however that works)" output from each host.

As I am not a true Newbie, I checked ifconfig and route -n: allright and I
can ping the server without problem thus no network problem. nslookup works
too.
Tomorrow I'll check traceroute just to see.
I did not install ipchains thus I did not check of course.
I did not install iptables either.

I repeat there must be a default setting of SuSE 7.3 PPC that's different
from other SuSE installation (SuSE 7.2PRO, SuSE7.1PPC, SuSE7.3PRO for PC).

Of course I copied /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master from my
crashed server to the new installation on the G3. I suppose there was not a
great change in the Postfix version like we are used to with Microsoft and
the new version of Postfix (I forgot to note the version number) should be
able to read a config file made with a six month older Postfix version.

Alain