Net install freezes
  • From: "doowirb7@xxxxxxxx" <doowirb7@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 17:59:54 -0400
I'm trying to do a network install (via FTP) from my PC to my StarMax 4000
home server. It'll load the second stage ram disk, but after that it takes
me right into text setup- there's no option for a graphical one. When I
finally get to installation, it will ALWAYS freeze dead cold when it gets to
installing package 16 (which is cron with the default package selections,
but even if I take it out it still freezes). I've even tried installations
from ftp.suse.com and several other mirrors with the ppc rpms, but it still
keeps doing it!

Thanks for any help
~gravy