Re: Sound and iBook
  • From: Olaf Hering <olh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:25:34 +0100
On Wed, Feb 14, Even wrote:

> On 2/13/01 11:42 PM, "Andrei Verovski" <andrei.verovski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> I know this has to have been done to death, but I can't find anything about
> >> it. RevA iBook, suse 7.0. How do I enable sound please?
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > Sound is not supported yet on iBook.
> >
> Is it not supported via alsa? Do you know why alsa is not working?

The k_deflt*-3.ppc.rpm supports sound on the ibook, but you have no
mixer functionality.

Here is a link:
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/200101/msg00008.html

You need alsa.rpm (possible that the alsa package that came with 7.0 works).
alsamixergui is a neat mixer, but it doesntwork yet on the iBook.
I will create an alsa folder here, as soon as I find some time:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/kernel/alsa/

Gruss Olaf

--
$ man clone

BUGS