[opensuse-packaging] static lib of bz2
  • From: Yi Zhang <yizhang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:49:34 +0800
Hi guys,

I am a 12.1 user. Yesterday I was trying to compile some scientific codes
(in fortran) with the option "-static". The compiler complained as it cannot
find the libbz2. I checked the installed lib and found both the libbz2-1 and
libbz2-devel are installed. But none of them includes the static lib I need.
The repositories I use includes
openSUSE-12.1-Non-Oss
openSUSE-12.1-Oss
openSUSE-12.1-Source
Updates for openSUSE 12.1 12.1-1.4
opensuse-education-i586
Both of them are from the http://download.opensuse.org domain.

Currently I walk around the problem by deleting the "-static" option in the
Makefile. The code runs fine. But I still wandering where I can find the
static lib? Or the only way is compiling from source code by myself?

Good luck
Y. Zhang