Re: [opensuse-packaging] 200 lines of changes?

On 2012-3-9 at 6:57, Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:06:07 -0500, Greg Freemyer
<greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Should I leave it that way, or replace it with a URL?

With a huge list of changes, I usually either try to shorten the list,
either by removing anything not related to Linux or everything build
related or, if that doesn't suffice, use the last set of chganges and
mark the change log %doc and then state in the .changes file to look
there for further changes.

I agree with this and usually did as this. It is not friendly for end-user that
we only state "update to x.x.x", but it is also annoying and not much useful
for end-user to keep everything there if the changes are huge. Not every user
will review the changes before he does the update (at least as I know, most of
the Chinese openSUSE users will not review the changes), but if some of them
want, we can provide them where to find the detailed changelog file.

Thanks,
Joey