Re: [opensuse-packaging] changed config location
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 schrieb Lutz Thuns:
I'm thinking of following %post section:

%post
# backup old configuration files to new location
if [ -d /etc/default/wbar ]; then
for i in /etc/default/wbar/*; do

AFAIK the paths in %post scripts shouldn't start with / and instead
assume that you are in / - so your script should be

if [ -d etc/default/wbar ]; then
for i in etc/default/wbar/*; do

Using /etc in the script will probably break if rpm --root is used
(in other words: when booting the installation system from DVD)

cp $i /etc/wbar.d/$i.rpmsave

This will overwrite existing *.rpmsave files. I'd use something like
test -e "etc/wbar.d/$i.rpmsave" || mv "$i" "/etc/wbar.d/$i.rpmsave"
I also added some quoting to avoid problems with funny filenames (you
never know what a user puts there...)

This solution still contains a race condition (the *.rpmsave could in
theory be created between "test" and "mv"). However that's more a
theoretical problem in this case - we are talking about installing
packages, which can't happen in parallel, and it's unlikely that the
admin creates a *.rpmsave file in exactly this moment.

done
rm -r /etc/default/wbar

Better use
rmdir etc/default/wbar

It will fail if not all config files could be moved, but that's probably
better than deleting someone's configfile.

fi

Or is this a rather dirty solution?

Moving around config files is always a dirty job ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Du hast jetzt relativ kompliziert die völlig korrekte Aussage:
"SPF ist krank, funktioniert nicht und vom Ansatz her bereits defekt."