Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Re: 200 lines of changes?
On 07.03.2012 14:58, Marguerite Su wrote:

Today I reviewed the specfile guideline wiki, and found a warning in
changelog section as follows:

"Warning: Packages in openSUSE:Factory require that changes are listed
with every new upstream release, and if upstream does not provide any
changelog information, you must still provide that information in the
.changes file, such as "update to 1.2.3: no changelog available"

Under this theory, what we all think is wrong is actually right.
Factory encourages us to copy and paste upstream changelog (changes
are listed with every new upstream release)

But I never ever received group email from coolo taking about this
policy change. and I never be rejected by not listing upstream
changes. so is this warning fake/misleading and should be deleted from
wiki?

This has been policy for a long time and we reject packages quite often
because they only list "update to 1.2.3" - we expect some minimum
research on what has changed and accept that this research is too
expensive as upstream doesn't provide as reasonable way to find out.

Greetings, Stephan