[opensuse-packaging] Re: Still a long way to go on PHP.
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:42:12 +0800
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Ralf Lang <lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 28.02.2012 14:25, schrieb Marguerite Su:

Hi, all

Yesterday I promise Ralf Lang<lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  that I would take
care of long unmaintained package xinc.

And I find there's still a long way to go on PHP.

1. we lack a wiki package. Portal:Packaging Packaging:PHP doesn't
exist, and I have to refer to Fedora.

True.

    to me, knowing nothing about PHP, I have to follow other packages'
specfiles to find my way. a wiki page will help a lot.

2. we even lack a RPM Group named Development/Languages/PHP and many
macros like %{__pear}, related rpmlint checks

We have macros for handling pear packages. refer the phpunit and horde
packages in s:p:a to see how we use %php_pear_gen_filelist, %find_lang and
%fdupes

Most php libraries are in rpm group development/libraries/php

pear packaged library files usually are named

php5-pear-{library} or php5-pear-{channel}-{library}

Yes, I saw the usage of %php_pear_gen_filelist. and I saw the RPM
Group in many pear packages is Development/Languages, which will
prompt a "non-standard-group" warning. so maybe we still need that
group. or an exception in rpmlint.

and It seems (I haven't checked that) such usage like Requires:
php5-channel(xinc) or Provides: php5-pear(xinc/xinc) =
%{version}-%{release} which is mentioned in Fedora wiki is not
supported yet.

    You can see /usr/lib/rpm/macro.php is nearly empty. macros.suse
have no line of PHP. and rpmlint errors&  warning seems ignore that

series too.

Hope this situation could change in the near future and some one
developing it can see and fulfill our needs.

Yes.