Re: [opensuse-packaging] PHP application packaging
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:18:19 +0100
Am 13.02.2012 18:42, schrieb Ralf Lang:

Me, I package DokuWiki to /srv/www/dokuwiki and link
/srv/www/dokuwiki/conf to /etc/dokuwiki. Maybe this is not nice,
but I do not want to rewrite the whole configuration reading and
writing mechanism of DokuWiki. I take it as a compromise...

Would it be technically possible to have the files in /etc/dokuwiki
and link them to /srv/www/dokuwiki/conf ?

I think so. There is no restriction of PHP directories inside DokuWiki, so I may change the location. At least I'll try ;-) Of course, /etc/dokuwiki has to belong to the Apache user then, because this user must be able to write there (currently, I provide Apache integration only, being lazy as I am. There are plans to support nginx and lighty, but I had to care about our new SAP servers first...).

Does other software, like phpmyadmin, use a subdirectory of /etc too? I never noticed...

Regards,
Werner