Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: reminder mails for factory work
On 09.02.2012 08:39, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 08 février 2012, à 15:20 -0500, Greg Freemyer a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 08.02.2012 18:58, schrieb Greg Freemyer:

ie.
You have the following packages in factory for which you are the
maintainer:

package1, package2, package3, ....

If you can help me understand what this is good for, I'd add it.

I currently have about 30 packages in various devel projects.

I'd like to eventually get them all to factory, but many are missing
Requires: packages so that can't be submitted until those preliminary
packages get in. So far my deepest dependency chain is 3 packages
deep, but I imagine it gets worse for some packages.

Currently I'm not aware of anywhere I have a list of what's already in
factory. So when I want to see what else I need to queue up for
factory, I go thru the "My Projects" page on the webui one at a time
and see if the description says it is a devel project for factory.

I'd say just submit to Factory and say in the sr message "Note that it
needs package X, which is submitted as XXXX". The packages will be held
in review until all deps get in.

Right. If that's your use case, then submit all packages you intend to
package and use the list of (declined) requests as TODO list.

Greetings, Stephan