Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic submission of changes to Factory
On Tuesday 31 January 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 30.01.2012 23:17, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I look at the WebUI My Projects page fairly often to help me
remember what projects I'm a maintainer for.

A status column for packages in devel projects which showed:

-- Not in factory at all
-- Initial submission to factory pending
-- Initial submission to factory rejected
-- In factory and current
-- In factory, but factory is not current
-- In factory, and factory update submission pending
-- In factory, and factory update submission rejected

would increase the likelihood I kept a handle on my various devel
packages.

I can throw this into openfate if it would be useful.

Throw it in if you think it's useful, but it's pretty hard to
implement, taking that OBS is not only for factory. It would be
pretty confusing for people if the packages view changes depending on
devel packages around - IMO.

It's pitty that obs packages are not git based. This way you could
"git remote add" factory or whatever package you want. Would be easy to
see what is merged and what is not.

What I work on though is a subset of the above - making the factory
status filterable for username. I use that information then to also
send a reminder mail. E.g. ttp://goo.gl/wpKps is the factory status
filtered for vuntz - which is a bit more "interesting" than yours:

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/project/status?project=openSUSE%3AFa
ctory&filter_devel=All+Packages&ignore_pending=true&limit_to_fails=fal
se&include_versions=false&filter_for_user=gregfreemyer

The "update rejected" is something Vincent worked on and I think we
should integrate into the project status. At least if you go to
build.opensuse.org, you see your rejected submissions as part of
/home/my_work now, I see 2 on

https://build.opensuse.org/stage/home/my_work?user=gregfreemyer

Greetings, Stephan