Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic submission of changes to Factory
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 30.01.2012 13:01, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 30.01.2012 12:31, Ruediger Meier wrote:

BTW does auto-submit mean that submit request will be done automatically
but still have to be accepted by Factory manually?
Would it's possible to add the devel package maintainer as reviewer such
that he has the right of veto.

Or how about only sending a reminder email automatically to the
maintainer, like "package xyz is ahead Factory, consider submit
request".

We will have reminder mails anyway. If you don't want your package to be
autosubmitted, tell vuntz - that's the whole point of his email.

If you read Vincent's email, the auto-submit was an explicit wish of
many people taking part of the factory workflow workshop on the openSUSE
conference.

Why not make a whitelist instead then, or add a package/project attribute
that can be set so that each osc commit automatically asks if it should
do a osc sr afterwards? External bots really do not like the correct
hammer to hit this nail.

We tried the "maintainers submit it" model for quite some time with very
low success, so let's try the black list approach for a while and _then_
discuss next steps please?

As Vincent said, no harm is (supposed to be) done and we need to refine
this process. Having ideas on how the next step should look like is
fine, but having solutions ready for problems we see is better.

That having said, putting your project on the black list is _fine_, we
want more people/projects to do proper submissions - but a sad fact is
that currently most don't.

osc prompting for every commit sounds very annoying too, btw.

But isn't it what the (non-blacklisted) new default behavior
would be? Of course without the annoying prompting. Instead
of prompting it could say 'btw, I've submitted the change to
factory as well'. The package/project flag would simply disable
that feature.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>