Re: [opensuse-packaging] Breaking the loop with pkg-config 0.26
Le jeudi 12 janvier 2012, à 09:05 +0100, Ludwig Nussel a écrit :
Vincent Untz wrote:
[...]
The issue here is that to fix the loop, we'd need to eradicate the
pkg-config dependency on everything that is below glib2. This includes
at least libffi-devel, libselinux-devel, pcre-devel and zlib-devel. And
libraries that might be below those.

This sounds annoying, as it's easy to re-introduce a build loop. On the
other hand, I don't really see what else we can do.

Would it be possible to build a special, minimal bootstrap glib that
is only used for building pkg-config?
A trick like that is used by other packages too (krb5-mini,
ghostscript-mini, etc ...).

Actually, we could do this with pkg-config, and that would be similar to
the idea I had a few months ago: just keep the old pkg-config as
pkg-config-mini, and use this one for libffi, zlib, etc.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.