Re: [opensuse-packaging] Breaking the loop with pkg-config 0.26
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:05:40 +0100
Vincent Untz wrote:
The issue here is that to fix the loop, we'd need to eradicate the
pkg-config dependency on everything that is below glib2. This includes
at least libffi-devel, libselinux-devel, pcre-devel and zlib-devel. And
libraries that might be below those.

This sounds annoying, as it's easy to re-introduce a build loop. On the
other hand, I don't really see what else we can do.

Would it be possible to build a special, minimal bootstrap glib that
is only used for building pkg-config?
A trick like that is used by other packages too (krb5-mini,
ghostscript-mini, etc ...).

(o_ Ludwig Nussel
16746 (AG Nürnberg)