Re: [opensuse-packaging] Is there a quick way to test all Requires are in factory?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:00:54 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011, 13:39:32 schrieb todd rme:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2011 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
More than once I have submitted something to factory that didn't have
all the requires and buildrequires pieces already there.

Is there a simple test I can run on the package to verify that before
I submit a new package?

In this specific case, I want to submit security -- log2timeline.

Create a simple spec with
BuildRequires: log2timeline

If you want to be really sure, create a new (sub)project where you
a) osc linkpac $project log2timeline
b) create a test package with just BuildRequires: log2timeline

If someone knows if/how this can be done in an automated way [1], please
speak up ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] I'm not talking about a script that creates a project, linkpac's the
package and auto-generates another package with the BuildRequires
;-)

What if, as a last step, OBS tried to install the rpms once they are
built? Then it can fail if the rpms won't install for whatever
reason.

Actually we do that as last step, but with --nodeps.

The reason for --nodeps is to reduce the build depencies and therefore also
cycles which would increase build time a lot.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH