Re: [opensuse-packaging] format_spec_file service
On Friday 16 December 2011, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 16.12.2011 11:14, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Since I really like to keep my stuff (OBS packages) also working
for this old (well, SLE 11 is actually still the most up2date
enterprise distro of us) rpms, I like to request to drop the
Group removeing for now.

Or to add %if %suse_version around it so it is only active on old
distro.

BAH, that's the worst option of all.

Otherwise people will find workarounds to not use the formater at
all anymore ...

I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to have the build script
run a spec file patcher - either distribution specific or in
general - after all the duplicated group does not really harm in
the spec file.

But with this logic we will keep support for old rpms in our
factory spec files forever. So this spec file patcher could also
add a buildroot or even a default %clean section - right before
building without us having to carry those forever in the sources.

That sounds backward - the master copy will still have those "old"
stuff then.

I've understood the master copy is the cleaned factory one but buildroot
and stuff will be added on the fly before building on distros where
it's needed.

Nobody looks at the packaged srpms.

SRPMs may still be usefull for people who not use OBS but want to
recompile packages against their local customized systems.

cu,
Rudi