Re: [opensuse-packaging] format_spec_file service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:14:29 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011, 11:38:45 schrieb Stephan Kulow:

I'm testing a new version of the format_spec_file service
(you can find the sources on github's openSUSE project)
and this results in submit requests of mine to:

- remove #norootforbuild
- remove duplicated group and license from sub packages

The remove Group: tags do lead to spec files which are not
buildable with rpms like existing on SLES 11 and before.

Since I really like to keep my stuff (OBS packages) also working
for this old (well, SLE 11 is actually still the most up2date
enterprise distro of us) rpms, I like to request to drop the
Group removeing for now.

Or to add %if %suse_version around it so it is only active on old

Otherwise people will find workarounds to not use the formater at
all anymore ...

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
email: adrian@xxxxxxx