Re: [opensuse-packaging] Enhancement packaging policy / gobject introspection bindings
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:23:28 +0100
On 2011-12-09 17:04:51 (+0100), Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le mercredi 07 décembre 2011, à 10:29 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
So the suggestion is to do the same as Debian does (slightly changed)
and split the .typelib in their own sub-packages. Our proposal is to
name those sub-packages in this form:

typelib-<typeversion>-<gi-namespace>-<version>
(all dots to be replaced with _)

[...]

As the .typelib files themselves also have dependencies (to either
other .typelib files and/or to an actual shared library) I wrote a
dep-scanner for those yesterday that will add dependencies as needed.
This will make sure that all works smoothly together.

Dominique did all the changes in his GNOME:Factory branch, so this will
enter GNOME:Factory in the next few days (we're waiting for some
rebuild).

A big thank to Dominique for driving this and doing all the work!

So, now, do we have any process to document this packaging policy? Do we
just create a page on the wiki and link it from the packaging policy
portal? Or do we need some more magic?

Would it be possible to implement a rpmlint
script/plugin/whatever in order to check that policy ? (at least
as a warning)

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser