Re: [opensuse-packaging] format_spec_file service
On Dec 02, 11 10:56:53 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011, 12:37:12 schrieb Richard Guenther:

How are "duplicated license" detected?
If they are the same in source package and sub package.

Hmm. But I prefer to see the explicit license in every sub-package,
because I explicitely checked it. With all the different licenses
in the GCC sub-packages for example it becomes hard to track what
licenses to change otherwise.

Can we remove those duplicated licenses only if _all_ sub-packages
have the same license please?

A more helpful rule would be:
- either all sub-packages implicitly inherit their license from the main
package, or
- all subpackages explicitly spell out their license.

This avoids the doubt weather a license string of some sub package
was forgotten or intentionally implicit. Coolos new logic appears
to actually create more of this doubt, if I get it right.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, J.Guild, F.Imendoerffer, HRB 16746
(AG Nuernberg), Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992.