Re: [opensuse-packaging] format_spec_file service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:07:22 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011, 15:01:08 schrieb Richard Guenther:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Dec 01, 11 13:34:52 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I'm testing a new version of the format_spec_file service

It makes reviewing local changes impossible for packages which
generate their spec files automatically from input files.

Well, our policy is to have a unique layout and we even are required
to do so legal wise to some degree.

A new legal requirement is: We adopt the SPDX standard for license
names.
(E.g. where we had "GPL 2 or later" we now say "GPL-2.0+".)
Such name changes need to propagate into your spec file input files.
But how does that make reviewing local changes impossible?

I review .spec file changes that result from changing the .spec.in
files and re-generating them. But doing so and using osc diff
on the .spec file produces a huge unreadable diff now (mostly not
due to the license change stuff).

How can I run the formatter on a selected file (in my case, the
.spec.in file)?

/usr/lib/obs/service/format_spec_file.files/prepare_spec $in > $out

Richard.
--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH