[opensuse-packaging] About packaging twice
Hi,

We have for a long time a warning in the post-build-checks, that is obviously greatly ignored, so I plan to make it fatal. I'm talking about
e.g.

WARNING: berkeleydb: /usr/share/doc/packages/berkeleydb/LICENSE already packaged in package berkeleydb-manual
WARNING: berkeleydb: /usr/share/doc/packages/berkeleydb/README already packaged in package berkeleydb-manual

In the end it doesn't matter to rpm if a file is installed by one or two rpms as long as there is no conflict. But a) such conflicts easily
arise during package update and b) if you review the WARNINGs there are
just too many cases where this is a bug (people "splitting out" -lang packages and still package the translation in the main package). There
are 3930 of such duplicated files in 72 packages and I rather have these
72 packages fixed.

The only problem there is (and very likely the reason this WARNING is
not an ERROR): packages conflicting on rpm level are fine to package
files twice - think of branding-upstream vs branding-openSUSE. So we
need to work on this before we can make this fatal. And this will also
be the way to signal that you planned to package the file twice: use
a rpm conflict.

Greetings, Stephan