Re: [opensuse-packaging] split of ncurses library
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:53:22 +0000

Ilya Chernykh [22.11.2011 11:19]:
On Tuesday 22 November 2011 13:09:22 Stephan Kulow wrote:

Werner split libltinfo from libncurses and so we see a lot of
build failures due to programs linking -lncurses and expecting
functions there that are now in -lltinfo and as library
dependencies are not longer taken into account, there is a huge
fallout.

The right fix is to use ncurses-config --libs - note that Fedora
and debian have the same split, so packages failing have a high
chance of having a patch floating around in the internet :)

I faces exactly this problem with kvim but it seems with -ltinfo
it fails as well. I tried different variants...

Ilya,

you notice the difference between your "-ltinfo" and Coolo's "-lltinfo"?

Maybe it's just a single letter that causes the failure ;-)

Coolo's is a typo.
And evence if Michael is totally correct, since the package is using
"export SUSE_ASNEEDED=0" (...) the library order is not really
important.

The thing is that term_set_winsize is not exported by any of those
libraries, never has been. It is provided by vim itself, that right
now is failing to build in Factory. Perhaps this problem will be fixed
once vim builds again... otherwise I am in the team of not helping to
maintain KDE:KDE3.