Re: [opensuse-packaging] split of ncurses library
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:19:11 +0100

Ilya Chernykh [22.11.2011 11:19]:
On Tuesday 22 November 2011 13:09:22 Stephan Kulow wrote:

Werner split libltinfo from libncurses and so we see a lot of
build failures due to programs linking -lncurses and expecting
functions there that are now in -lltinfo and as library
dependencies are not longer taken into account, there is a huge
fallout.

The right fix is to use ncurses-config --libs - note that Fedora
and debian have the same split, so packages failing have a high
chance of having a patch floating around in the internet :)

I faces exactly this problem with kvim but it seems with -ltinfo
it fails as well. I tried different variants...

Ilya,

you notice the difference between your "-ltinfo" and Coolo's "-lltinfo"?

Maybe it's just a single letter that causes the failure ;-)

P.S.: Ilya, sorry for the PM, I noticed too late :-(

HTH
Werner