Re: [opensuse-packaging] split of ncurses library
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 02:19:01PM +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Tuesday 22 November 2011 13:09:22 Stephan Kulow wrote:

Werner split libltinfo from libncurses and so we see a lot of build
failures due to programs linking -lncurses and expecting functions
there that are now in -lltinfo and as library dependencies are not
longer taken into account, there is a huge fallout.

The right fix is to use ncurses-config --libs - note that Fedora
and debian have the same split, so packages failing have a high
chance of having a patch floating around in the internet :)

I faces exactly this problem with kvim but it seems with -ltinfo
it fails as well. I tried different variants...

-ltinfo needs to be added after -lncurses(w)

Ciao, Marcus